Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hula hoops and hot tubs and baby kangaroos, OH MY!

AKA as Rhinebeck, AKA Knitter Prom, AKA the New York State Sheep & Wool Festival.  Needless to say, the weekend was a smashing success all around despite a bit of less than ideal weather.  This year I had the good fortune to stay in a house rented locally with eight other girls.  Outside of the actual fiber-y fun, we enjoyed pizza, beer, french toast casserole, bagels, and more maple cotton candy than a person could imagine.

I was on a yarn diet this year due to my upcoming move, but I did manage to score some gorgeous charcoal & black tweeded alpaca yarn to complete a sweater for my mom.  It doesn't count if it's for an existing project, DUH!

The best part of the actual festival this year was the Alpacas & Llamas On Parade.  In case you're not aware, I have an unhealthy adoration for alpaca, both the fiber and the animals.  They're just so fluffy and funny!  If they're in the mood, they will even give you alpaca kisses (basically rubbing noses with you)!!!
Ok, so he's a llama, but who wouldn't love that face???


No comments: