Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Barefoot In The Kitchen

So that's actually a total lie, I was wearing flip flops while I cooked last night. I finally got around to trying out Trader Joe's orange chicken (frozen food aisle). I put the frozen chicken in the oven and then waited for it to cool after it was cooked. I stored it in a plastic container in the fridge, then poured the sauce over right before I microwaved it for lunch today. Gotta say, pretty damn tasty and the sauce was not as thick/gooey/syrupy as many Chinese places around here. The sauce was also not super spicy, which is a plus in my book.

In other news, egg wash + not listening for the oven timer = sourdough loaf BURN. Bet it still tastes damn good.

Update: the sourdough was quite delicious, in fact; shown here with rose petal jelly purchased in Montreal

No comments: